Types of Membership :
- Honorary Members
- Founder Members
- Annual Ordinary Members (January to December)
- Associate Members
- Life member
Admission to Association :
No person shall be eligible for admission as a member of Association if he / she is
- Has not obtained basic Medical Degree, recognized by Medical Council of India.
- Of unsound mind
- Has been sentenced or charged for medical negligence or offences other than political in nature.
- For any other reason found undesirable.
Application for admission except for Honorary Membership shall be made to the President or General Secretary in the prescribed form. Honorary members will be nominated by learned persons/Institutions and elected by at least 2/3 majority in the Governing body meeting.
Every such application shall be considered by the Governing body in the meeting held after receipt of the application and Governing Body shall have the power to grant or refuse admission without assigning any reason.
A Register of all members of Association shall be maintained.
Subscription : (Membership\Fellowship of the Association)
The association will register and enroll the following categories of the members.
- Founder and Life members: Members registered and enrolled upto 30th June, 1999 shall be the founder life members. Any person having MCI recognised basic medical qualification such as MBBS with or without MD degree and involved in human disease diagnosis will be eligible to register for this membership by paying a registration fee of Rs 100.00 (Rs. One hundred only) and shall pay Rs 2000.00 (Rs. Two thousands only) as life membership fee within stipulated period as notified.
Life members: Members registered and enrolled after 30th June, 1999 shall be the life members. Any person having MCI recognised basic medical qualification such as MBBS with or without MD degree and involved in human disease diagnosis will be eligible to register for this membership by paying a registration and membership fees of Rs 2100.00 (Rs. Two thousands and one hundred only) or more if revised by the general body of the Association time to time.
Ordinary Members: MBBS doctors working or studying the diagnostic branches of Medicine can be registered for ordinary membership by paying Rs. 200.00 (Two hundred only) as annual membership fee for a calendar year. The month of January shall be mark of one calendar year.
- Honorary Member: Scientists and physicians of eminence in the area of medicine and its super- specialities
Fellowship: Those life members who have good standing in the IALP for at least 5 years and have significantly contributed to the cause of Association, Diagnostic medicine or otherwise considered outstanding medical scientists will be nominated by at least two fellows or founder life members. Upon acceptance of their nomination to the fellowship of IALP, called FALP, by the governing body, the nominated fellow shall pay Rs. 5,000 as fee. The Fellowship shall be conferred during the bi-annual meeting of IALP every two years.
- In the event of death.
- By submitting resignation and its acceptance.
- Permanent mental derailment.
- Non-payment of regular fees.
- If convicted by Court of Law on criminal charges or consumer protect act.
- If found involved in unethical/non-scientific research or anti-association activity.
Appeal for re-admission of a ceased membership can be made by the concerned member giving a suitable cause. However, Governing Body would reserve the right to accept or refuse such request without assigning any reason.
Rights and Privileges of Membership :
All the members including those constituting the Governing Body shall be entitled for a honorarium for providing professional services in the specific projects. They will also be entitled to conveyance charges as and when decided by the Governing Body.
- All the founder and life members except patron and Honorary members will have the voting rights.
- All members will receive regular newsletters